Which 700x23c Tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I think the Etape's were just a special edition of the regular Durano plus - which I too would recommend.

Looks like you're right. I'm off to find some prices for 'em.

@arallsopp Is this a 700c 'bent?

Might be.... There's a holy trinity of geometry, wheels and gearing that I'm searching for. This could become something quite special.

(or, per ever, an extraordinary failure... time will tell :smile:)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Looks like you're right. I'm off to find some prices for 'em.

Might be.... There's a holy trinity of geometry, wheels and gearing that I'm searching for. This could become something quite special.

(or, per ever, an extraordinary failure... time will tell :smile:)
Good stuff. Hope you'll get the bathtub back on the road too sometime.

afl2

Über Member
View attachment 81610 Schwalbe Durano + Etape's, I've had them on my Boardman Roady for 8 months of riding across some properly dodgy, pointy stuff strewn junctions, and covered over 6000 Km's with no punctures, and not much wear. They aren't much heavier than the non shielded conti's I ran in the summer either. I can't recommend them highly enough. They are 'class 5' shielded, so barring tube failure, pinchies, or a side wall issue, they are very hard to penetration puncture.

agree with above
No complaints run smooth and look like no wear at all.
A very good value for money tyre. brilliant if doing loads of miles like all us cyclists!!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Bontrager hardcase lite, normally from All terrain cycles when they have one of their 50% tyre sales on.

stephec

Legendary Member
They stopped making them years ago!

I switched to Lithions after that and am pretty happy with them, especially at the low price that they can be found at.

Are the Lithions as good, I've got my last pair of Krylions on the winter bike at the moment?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are the Lithions as good, I've got my last pair of Krylions on the winter bike at the moment?
The lithions whilst ok aren't as good rolling or robust. The rebadged Krylions are the Pro4 Endurance.
I was a fan of the Krylions and thought that the Lithions would be rubbish, being available at virtually half the price. In fact, I was very pleasantly surprised and so have several other riders I know who tried them after I started using them.

I think I only got a couple of punctures in my last 4,000 miles of cycling and one of those was because I hadn't noticed that the tyre was worn out. (It was a rear tyre and most of it was hidden by a mudguard.) The other was caused by a big shard of glass which would have defeated most tyres.

They grip well. (I haven't skidded in thousands of miles of using them in dry and wet conditions.)

They wear pretty well.

They are comfortable enough if you choose sensible tyre pressures.

I haven't noticed them feeling particularly sluggish. I couldn't tell you how they compare to the very best tyres, but unlike other cheap tyres that I have used, I never found myself thinking that they felt like hard work.

They are cheap. Why not try a pair? You might end up a convert like me and my pals.

Last edited:
Have a look at these.....:thumbsup:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/continental-ultra-sport-road-bike-tyre/rp-prod18802

Sorry, guys just been back there myself to buy two 700 x 23 folding and there now out of stock should have ordered them this morning when I saw them.......He who hesitates.......:cursing:
Can everyone just stop talking about tyres. I've gone and bought another pair. This time through this CRC link above. £34 for a pair of PRO 3's which I don't need but couldn't resist. My wife will go ape when the tyres start arriving next week. That's 3 sets ordered in one day. What a muppet :eek:

Still on the bright side my advice will be based on experience of about 10 makes and types of tyres. I'm still a muppet though ;)

iggibizzle

I just use luganos. Last set lasted about 6000km. Only ever had one incident with lack of grip and that was on sheet Ice. Rarely puncture.

Top Bottom