Which Bar Tape do you prefer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't remember what I bought last, but its still in good condition after about 8,000 miles or so

bpsmith

Veteran
I put some Cinelli cork based basic tape on my Defy recently. Wanted cheap, as had spent loads on new cable set and pedals. Very surprised by how good it is!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Deda Elementi carbon effect tape, was a fiver. Seems damm fine to me, I`ve had all the soft touch, gel tapes etc and all that happens is they wear out toot sweet. This stuff looks like it cleans up easy and should last the year without holes appearing. Oh and its black, white bar tape is just a stupid idea on anything other than a Sunday best bike or racebike!

Dan B

Disengaged member
Yes, I recently replaced the tape on my commuter with deda carbon silver. Colour goes well with the forks/mudgoard/brake cables and the tape seems reasonably comfy

anyone use the prolog double touch?
is it weighty?

I personally hated Lizard Skin DSP, must be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

It's a pain to wrap nicely, and is quite a peculiar feeling. I'm currently like Pro Digital Carbon bar tape.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My bike came with white bar tape that got pretty grey rather quickly due to my grubby paws from puncture repairs, gear indexing etc. Somewhere somebody posted something about cleaning it up. Cif spray cleaner and a nail brush made it gleam again. IPA solvent helps too for the grease and oil. Worth a try.

Cyclist33

W
Specialized Phat Wrap Padded Bar Tape
I have dodgy nerves in my neck that can set off pins and needles in my hands , this helps .Its not a fit issue as i can wake up with it and it gets better through the day but morning rides i need to isolate as much buzz as possible.

What is this morning of which you speak?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
The tape on the second hand road bike I purchased (3 months ago) looked a bit grubby so I replaced it with the Deda carbon that people have mentioned. That Deda tape is not for me, it felt like electrical tape and it was replaced after a week or so with Ritchey pro embossed logo cork.

I did retain the Deda caps though :okay:
Picture 551.jpg

I`v learned my lesson and it`ll be cork tape for me from now on.... Its lush :thumbsup:

Top Bottom