Which bar tape to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m a fan of Fizik. Wears really well, I have on 3 bikes. In orange, white and silver
I don’t like the feel of plain cork tape (makes my skin crawl in the same way suede does!)

It’ll all wear out in the end but as the fizik is sort of a leather feel it won’t soak up water like a sponge in rain as the cork can :okay:

however, all of the Fizik colours are sold out. You should be able to get on eBay though (or via a Google shopping search)

OP
OP
P

Pinank

I’m a fan of Fizik. Wears really well, I have on 3 bikes. In orange, white and silver
I don’t like the feel of plain cork tape (makes my skin crawl in the same way suede does!)

It’ll all wear out in the end but as the fizik is sort of a leather feel it won’t soak up water like a sponge in rain as the cork can :okay:

however, all of the Fizik colours are sold out. You should be able to get on eBay though (or via a Google shopping search)
K thank u , but is this fizik tape good?
Are u using this?

https://bumsonthesaddle.com/products/fizik-microtex-performance-3mm-handlebar-tape

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For cheap, and good quality, Planet X Holdsworth tape is good - it's black or brown though. Bar tape and saddles should be black. Colours look rubbish very quickly.

Profile Design do some good tapes but they aren't cheap.

vickster

Legendary Member

Attachments

• DFB16736-28BC-4624-B164-67F59242C54D.jpeg
    DFB16736-28BC-4624-B164-67F59242C54D.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 11

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed…I had blue Fizik on a now sold bike too :whistle:
It was sparkly :wub:

Attachments

• 1A56412E-F5D5-4838-A946-6B2768C70DF9.jpeg
    1A56412E-F5D5-4838-A946-6B2768C70DF9.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 12
Just seen this on another forum,not cheap but re-usable and made from sustainable materials;you can even put it in the washing machine!

https://grepp.cc/

Think Crust cycles distributes it in the U.S so should be able to get it in South America

Edit; Actually might be easier to get there than here as there is no listing for UK currency :banghead:

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I put some Specialized S-Wrap cork bar tape on my bike about six years ago. It's still there despite it being my first effort at wrapping. It's very comfortable. About £18.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve always used black Cinelli cork ribbon on all my own bikes and builds. I can usually pick it up off Amazon for a tenner

Top Bottom