Which bike: Bianchi Infinito 2013 v Bianchi Intenso 130th anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey all,

I'm hoping that someone can shed light on this topic. I have two frames and two groupsets to choose from. I already own half of them and am wondering which would be best to keep and best to sell (with the hopes of making the prices balance out), I hope that makes sense.

Here are my options:
Bianchi Intenso 130th anniversary 2015
Dura Ace 7800 (10 speed compact)

Bianchi Infinito 2013
Ultegra 6700 (triple)
Full Bike

Now, both are a great deal, I'm trying to decide which to build up and which to sell. In the interest of "science" I'll throw out these figures:

First lot is €830 (which I own)
Second lot is €400 (which I don't own) for a complete bike.

By my count, both of those are a pretty great deal. I have access to a mechanic that can help me take apart and rebuild as desired.

My question is do I...

A. Take the premade bike and sell the other frame/group?

B. Put the Dura Ace 7800 on the Infinito

C. Build up the Intenso and sell on the other frame/parts?

D. Keep them all, live in poverty, jedi mind trick my lady into thinking I don't have both bikes whilst I dance for money on the streets so I can eat?

Looking forward to hearing your input. I would post images but this is my first post and I apparently can't :'(

Kind regards,

Guy with first world problems

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Neither of your options are the sort of bikes I would choose, but the most obvious criteria is which frame actually suits your preferred style of riding best? Frame geometry first, groupset second.
When I look at acquiring a bike I go on 3 things; do I like the appearance of the bike, do I like the frame geometry and material used, and will it fit me comfortably?. If the answer to the first 3 questions is yes, then everything else is of minor importance in my book. Generally a higher quality frame will tend to have higher quality components anyway. I would not buy a bike for it's component spec, unless it was very cheap and I wanted to cannibalise it to use the bits on another bike because buying a complete donor bike was cheaper than sourcing the components separately.

The first thing you need to know is that there is very little difference, if any, between the 2015 Intenso and the 2013 Infinito. The Infinito is Bianchi's top model in the "endurance racer" range, and this was the case when the Infinito CV was introduced. The CV (Countervail) technology was a massive upgrade as the smoothness of the vibration-damping technology is exceptional. I ride either a Sempre on a Via Nirone in winter and save my CVs for summer use, but a couple of dry days had me reaching for a CV recently and it was stunningly smooth.
This, however interesting, does not help you much as you are not likely to be dealing with CV - unless the 2013 Infinito is CV. We have a couple of the Infinito CVs in the house from 2015. If the 2013 bike is a CV - you will know by looking at the frame as it has things like "Countervail Vibration Cancelling" written all over the stays. I don't think CV was available in 2013. What Bianchi did when they introduced the CV was to continue to make the old Infinito, but called it the Intenso. Which is why they will be practically the same bike - frame wise.
No need to worry about the geometry of the two frames by the way. Bianchi have not changed the basic geometry of their bikes since Coppi was a boy. No point in changing the perfect. Obviously, you can influence the set-up by stem, stack, saddle height alterations.
So, where does that leave you? The difference is no more than triple versus compact, since the only real difference between Ultegra and Durace is weight. Triple can be nice if you have a hilly ride and you have good range, but you do get some horrendous chain-lines (well, I do!)
I suspect what you are really asking is do you need a second Bianchi? Wife and I manage OK with only six, but I have a friend up the road with all of them.
Very nice bike indeed. The CV is even better. Campagnolo is another level too, but there is nothing wrong with Shimano. The shade of celeste might also be a choice point as it varies. One of my CVs is fluoro and I love it. You see, Bianchi is a love thing, not a rational choice. Your heart will rule.

FlatSpinMan

Regular
If weight is a concern, you could check that. I'm no weight weenie at all but do notice that my 2019 Intenso is a bit heavier than my Giant TCR. Could.be the wheels of course. I'd imagine the Infiniti would.be lighter than the Intenso.

OP
OP
IveTooManyBikesAndItsOk
Thank you all so very much for your sage input, particularly Appolonius. Upon hearing your advice I think I've made my decision, I'll cannibalise what I can't from the Infinito and sell it on.

The Intenso is worth less on BlueBike but I'll not be selling the bike that I end up choosing so it doesn't matter. The 130th Anniversary Edition is just a superb looking frame by comparison to the White/Grey/Black Infinito.

I'll be rocking the Dura Ace in the end as its very sexy compared to the black Ultegra.

Again, thank you all.

Kind regards,

This Guy.

Top Bottom