Which bike should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

minny_gaby

Hi! I want a mountain bike but as I don't know much about them, I would like some experienced advices. I always had mountain bikes but they were always used and not very good, but they got me around. I want a mountain bike because I love nature and would mostly ride on the country paths and fields. Obvioudly bike will be ridden on the roads aswell but not as much. I'm a mum, so I will buy a bike seat for my 10month old daughter (any advices on which one is good would be appreciated aswell, though I do have an idea). So I don't want to spend loads money on it, but I want the best what I can get for my budget. Mountain bike for under £500, preferrably around 300-400. I want shimano gears (as many as possible for the money), disk breaks and overall quality and safety of the bike for me and my daughter. Any recommendations?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
How tall are you minny Gaby?

vickster

Legendary Member
OP
OP
M

minny_gaby

Perhaps somehing like this? Decathlon bikes offer a lot for the money, this one has 27 gears, lock out for the front fork, hydraulic disc brakes
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-540-womens-mountain-bike-275-white-id_8350455.html

Or you could head to your local Evans with photo ID and a bank card and have some test rides, they have a fair number on sale

https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/mountain-bikes_c/hardtail-suspension_type/women_specific

Ahh, that's exactly what I was looking for! A shop with wide range of bikes that I cab try myself. I just didn't know where to start looking for one. Halfords werent friendly, trisport only have Trek bikes, which I like but it's also limiting to only have one brand as then I don't know what else is out there. Thank you!

vickster

Legendary Member
I was looking at this one just earlier. Did like it but is this a good brand of bike aswell? I never heard of it before. But definitely I will consider this one. Thank you!
It's their own brand. Like carrera at halfords or btwin at decathlon. Dunno if better than decathlon. There's no go outdoors anywhere in SW London or Surrey

Evans won't have all the bikes in stock but have sea chat and they'll get bikes in for you for a £60 refundable deposit

Are you in Herts? If so try the giant store in Radlett. One brand but lots of choice

Last edited:
Top Bottom