Which bike, Sirrus 3 or other

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there,
I’m new to bikes and looking to make a purchase. I want a flat bar bike, hybrid. I’m looking at a Specialized Sirrus X 3....at £700

I’m not sure whether to go that bit further and get a Sirrus 5 full carbon etc for more than double the price...

Would it be worth the difference in price?
will I be disappointed with the 3?

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt you’ll be disappointed with a £700 bike :okay:
If you want to check out a really good, highly specced fast flatbar, look at the fantastic Whyte Stirling

https://whyte.bike/products/stirling

carbon fork, Ultegra/105, hydraulic brakes. 32mm tyres so speedy on roads
Are you road or off road riding?

Last edited:
X5 has got 9r carbon frame/fork similar to Diverge which i bought last summer, also has headshock which is good. Big difference in price?, but glad i went carbon in the end. X3 will do you fine if you dont plan on using a lot. :okay:

OP
OP
N

NotLanceArmstrong

Thanks for the early replies guys. I will be commuting 16 miles about 3 times a week. The terrain is rough tarmac country lanes with a stint on a gravel cycle path.

With the current situation in the country I can’t view a bike in store. I am 5’9 and noticed that the medium size maxes out at 5’9 and the large recommendation starts at 5’9...I’m a little unsure which size to go for..

MarkF

Guru
I've had a few Sirrus's, all good bikes, l'd stay with X3, about 10 years ago l spent £600 on a hybrid and it's still my favourite bike today having been "replaced" umpteen times.:okay:

What were those little rubber inserts that Sirrus's used to have in the forks about a decade ago? They were ace.:smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've had a few Sirrus's, all good bikes, l'd stay with X3, about 10 years ago l spent £600 on a hybrid and it's still my favourite bike today having been "replaced" umpteen times.:okay:

What were those little rubber inserts that Sirrus's used to have in the forks about a decade ago? They were ace.:smile:
Zertz or something I think.

Hi there,
I’m new to bikes and looking to make a purchase. I want a flat bar bike, hybrid. I’m looking at a Specialized Sirrus X 3....at £700

I’m not sure whether to go that bit further and get a Sirrus 5 full carbon etc for more than double the price...

Would it be worth the difference in price?
will I be disappointed with the 3?
This is better than Sirrus but £100 more, 22 speed not 9, better gears, brakes and lighter.

Canyon Roadlite 7.0

Top Bottom