which bike to take

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/suppholinfofralps.html.. 2 weeks and off here problem i have got now is which bike ...1 is a steel made to measure arthur caygill tourer 42-32-22 chainrings and 14-32 cassette ...bike 2 is a trek1000 allyframe carbon forks 52-42-30 chainrings 11-28 cassette ....bikes will be carrying only barbox and saddle bag with hat gloves leggings long sleve top for the cold on the tops+ plus snacks been out on both today and now sat weighing the both options lower gearing on touer v the weight of the trek and not carrying much....just like to get others insite ...cheers:smile:

larry

willem

Über Member
Where are you going?
Willem
p.s. I don't want to sound pedantic, but would you mind writing real sentences, please.

willem

Über Member
I really don't want to be pedantic, but I find this kind of abbreviated style so uncommunicative and frankly insulting to the reader: it makes it so much harder to read. English is not my native langiuage, and I try hard to be as clear, precise and elegant as the natives- so I am all the more disappointed if others don't reciprocate.
Willem

rich p

ridiculous old lush
willem said:
Where are you going?
Willem
p.s. I don't want to sound pedantic, but would you mind writing real sentences, please.

When you say pedantic, what exactly do you mean?:biggrin:

Trek....perfect! (Not a complete sentence, Willem, but it's all I could come up with)

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
cheers ben m,sittingduck and rich p... the trek was used the other week when i did the northern rock cyclone 101 miler, and the old knee,s coped with the gearing.:ohmy: but have been told the alp`s are steady climbs with the odd stiff section..:biggrin:

I think if the Caygill was made for you and you aren't racing, taking the Trek is madness.
Nothing wrong with having gears that are too low when you're tired.

Top Bottom