which bike to take

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/suppholinfofralps.html.. 2 weeks and off here problem i have got now is which bike ...1 is a steel made to measure arthur caygill tourer 42-32-22 chainrings and 14-32 cassette ...bike 2 is a trek1000 allyframe carbon forks 52-42-30 chainrings 11-28 cassette ....bikes will be carrying only barbox and saddle bag with hat gloves leggings long sleve top for the cold on the tops+ plus snacks been out on both today and now sat weighing the both options lower gearing on touer v the weight of the trek and not carrying much....just like to get others insite ...cheers:smile:

larry

willem

Über Member
Where are you going?
Willem
p.s. I don't want to sound pedantic, but would you mind writing real sentences, please.

Ben M

being as you're packing light, take the trek so you can just zip through the miles.

willem

Über Member
I really don't want to be pedantic, but I find this kind of abbreviated style so uncommunicative and frankly insulting to the reader: it makes it so much harder to read. English is not my native langiuage, and I try hard to be as clear, precise and elegant as the natives- so I am all the more disappointed if others don't reciprocate.
Willem

rich p

ridiculous old lush
willem said:
Where are you going?
Willem
p.s. I don't want to sound pedantic, but would you mind writing real sentences, please.

When you say pedantic, what exactly do you mean?:biggrin:

Trek....perfect! (Not a complete sentence, Willem, but it's all I could come up with)

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
cheers ben m,sittingduck and rich p... the trek was used the other week when i did the northern rock cyclone 101 miler, and the old knee,s coped with the gearing.:ohmy: but have been told the alp`s are steady climbs with the odd stiff section..:biggrin:

I think if the Caygill was made for you and you aren't racing, taking the Trek is madness.
Nothing wrong with having gears that are too low when you're tired.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I would prefer the lighter bike myself, Chris. I'd only use my tourer with a load.

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
was thinking along the same lines rich p just hope i dont regret it when we give l`alpe d`huez a go..:ohmy:

Top Bottom