Which bike would you choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi @Nessert :welcome: to CC!
I am female and 1.60 too ^_^ would choose the middle one, but as @I like Skol mentioned, the stem might need changed.
Also, I would change the tyres for some puncture resistant Schwalbe ones.
Do you know how many gears he bike has?
Looks like a 7 speed (back) 3 speed (front), in that case great for hills.

OP
OP
N

Nessert

i really appreciate all your support comments and help :smile:
And between the raleigh and this one, which one do you thing is better for me?
14051680_1770400576549953_4139996821952429468_n.jpg
14079748_1770400603216617_3207445774136107661_n.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nessert

Hi @Nessert :welcome: to CC!
I am female and 1.60 too ^_^ would choose the middle one, but as @I like Skol mentioned, the stem might need changed.
Also, I would change the tyres for some puncture resistant Schwalbe ones.
Do you know how many gears he bike has?
Looks like a 7 speed (back) 3 speed (front), in that case great for hills.
Hi! no i dont know how much gears, i will go and check the bikes on monday :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Raleigh and Bianchi look similar bikes, so if one is suitable the other is likely to be suitable as well.

The Raleigh looks in slightly better condition.

The front brake cable on the Bianchi looks like it may need some attention, and the routing of the rear gear cable looks odd.

All fairly easily fixable, assuming the components themselves are not broken.

Can you have a go on both?

Worth doing just to check everything works.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm no expert, but I would have the Bianchi frame with the Raileigh's components :laugh:
Hard to tell from the pictures, but the Bianchi looks a bit rusted.
Whatever the bike, make due the seatpost moves freely, you don't want a stuck seatpost!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm no expert, but I would have the Bianchi frame with the Raileigh's components :laugh:
Hard to tell from the pictures, but the Bianchi looks a bit rusted.
Whatever the bike, make due the seatpost moves freely, you don't want a stuck seatpost!

Seat post is a good point, particularly on an older bike.

OP
OP
N

Nessert

ok :smile: thanks for the advice, im really new with bikes, so i really need lots of advice to make a wice choice.

why is it important that the seat can move?

ok :smile: thanks for the advice, im really new with bikes, so i really need lots of advice to make a wice choice.

why is it important that the seat can move?
The saddle height (via the seat post going up and down freely) is exceptionally important in preventing knee damage. Not every one had the same length legs, so saddles have to be able to be adjusted both vertically (leg length) and horizontally (arm length to bars in conjunction with stem length) as well as the pitch of the saddle for comfort down below!

OP
OP
N

Nessert

The saddle height (via the seat post going up and down freely) is exceptionally important in preventing knee damage. Not every one had the same length legs, so saddles have to be able to be adjusted both vertically (leg length) and horizontally (arm length to bars in conjunction with stem length) as well as the pitch of the saddle for comfort down below!
wow yeah.. seems really important :smile:

Having owned a Bianchi,I can tell you they are great bikes .
But I would still have the Raleigh.
If anything,it looks in better condition but Raleigh's from that time(and before) were bombproof.
Another vote for the Raleigh :thumbsup:

Top Bottom