Which bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
Despite shadow master's aversion to Cannondales (who also have a lifetime warranty on their frames), they're both fantastic bikes and either one will put a smile on your face. Pick the one that puts the biggest smile though :smile:. FWIW, I'd personally go with the Cannondale as I already own two and the supersix would make a lovely hat trick.

Tony.

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

Cannondale does have a big appeal.... Difficult decision! Just want to go fast!! Haha thank you all for your help and hopefully have pictures soon

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

Hi all again,

I would love to have a picture up of the bike I have gone for, but still haven't yet decided. The main thought on my mind has been the quality of the groupsets. Would I notice a big difference between the two bikes?

Thank you all!

MikeW-71

Veteran
To be absolutely fair, I don't think you'd notice a difference there. 105 and Ultegra are only one step apart in the Shimano family.

My Defy Advanced has complete 105 and it works brilliantly, but my alloy Defy 2 has Tiagra... which also works brilliantly and there's very little to choose between them. The 105 needs less lever travel to make a shift... that's about it. The biggest difference between 105 and Ultegra is a small weight saving, but not enough to make it a deal breaker IMHO.

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

Thank you! From what I've seen it does just seem to be about the weight. But how about the fsa crankset on the c'dale compared to the shimano on tcr?

MikeW-71

Veteran
From the specs on Giants site, they are likely to be similar. Certainly I don't have any issues with the FSA cranks on the Defy 2. Again, I don't think either is a deal breaker at that level.

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

Brilliant! Thank you so much!

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

Hi guys!

So I get the pleasure of being able to report back to you all and show you which bike I went for!

As you can see from the picture I went for the giant!! The tcr grabbed my attention and I am delighted with it! Hopefully it will serve me well!

Thank you all for the help!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom