Which Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linddeeloo

Hi, ive only just joined here, having stumbled accross this site whilst looking for bike reviews!

Ive cycled for few years, nothing serious, but do enjoy cycling! & Im looking to purchase a new bike, firstly to cycle to work (5miles each way) & also for some weekend rides. I think itll be mainly road cycling

Im tall (5ft 9') & budget of £350

Ive been looking at the Trek FX 7.0 20"frame & also a Giant CRS (i think thats correct!) its the old style Escape bike, Large Frame, which is 21' i believe. Have tried both these bikes & both are comfy. The shop ive looked at have the Trek at £300 & the Giant at £275...they are NOT prepared to negociate a deal (apart from 10% off accessories i may purchase)

Any advice on these or other suitable bikes would be much appreciated,

Thankyou

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Checkout the Halfords Carrera Subway range, lots of people ride them who post here. You get higher spec components than the big brands for the same money.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...reId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&x=21&y=8

Decathlon Sports have a good range of bikes so worth checking them out too

www.decathlon.co.uk

OP
OP
L

Linddeeloo

Thanks, looked at the carrerea bikes while ago, but i was under the impression that Trek or Giant were better, i must be wrong?

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
You'll probably get a slightly lighter frameset on a Trek or Giant, but the components are non-series bottom end.

Tourney (TX) is just about the cheapest Shimano 21 speed stuff, better going for SRAM X4 or Shimano Alivio/Altus 24 Speed

OP
OP
L

Linddeeloo

thanks for your advice, looked at the halfords carrera subway today, halfords wont allow you to try out the bike on the road (which i think is very poor customer service) anyway, it was very nice, excellent price with the special discount they offereing at mo, tried having quick wizz round shop...which wasnt easy believe me!! but unfortunatly they dont have 20" ladies frame

vickster

Legendary Member
Does it have to be a ladies frame? I am your sort of height and ride mens' bikes now (I find women's ones too small, even the biggest size)!

Top Bottom