which cassette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ribbleboy

Hello all. Ive got a 105 10 speed compact groupset and would like a bit more when it comes to the flats as i feel i could go faster My current casstte is 28-12. Any ideas?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The simplest thing would be to go for a cassette with an 11 tooth top gear. That will raise your top end gearing by about 10 gear inches (from approx 112 gear inches to 122 gear inches assuming a 50t chainring - quite a noticable increase).

Its easy to change to an 11 tooth, I changed my 105, 12-25 for a SRAM 11-26 to get some more speed downhills and sprints (11t) and a wee bit easier on climbs. I picked up an 11-28 Ultegra cheap though and I used it on Saturday and I was glad of the extra gears again on the Tour of Flanders climb :thumbsup:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I often spin out on the flat with my 11/28 cassette. Only when I forget Im in the granny ring on my triple though.^_^

OP
OP
ribbleboy

ribbleboy

Im just feeling like theres something missing thats all. Maybe its because i had a triple beforehand.

Crankarm

Guru
Ditch the boy's compact chainset (50-34?) and get a man's one 53-39 or 53-42. Also if most of your riding is quite flat then get a 12-21 rear cassette. You won't spin out on the 12 rear sprocket on the 53 front big ring.

400bhp

Guru
Ditch the boy's compact chainset (50-34?) and get a man's one 53-39 or 53-42. Also if most of your riding is quite flat then get a 12-21 rear cassette. You won't spin out on the 12 rear sprocket on the 53 front big ring.

Penis extension for bicycles.

Top Bottom