Which Club - Manchester!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BinBag

Ok, I'm not totally sure what to do next, or how to do it!

I've done the Mcr/Liv, Mcr/Blackpool and Mcr 100 this year, and am itching to get onto the next stage - whatever that is? Some people have said 'join a club', other have said 'do sportive's on your own' - I'm confused and am in need of a little help.

Are any of you in clubs in the South Manchester area, if so, what's the craic? I've seen a few websites but they don't really offer that much insight for new comers.

Are sportives/audax's the way to go to get better, faster, stronger!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :biggrin:

a_n_t

Are any of you in clubs in the South Manchester area, if so, what's the craic? I've seen a few websites but they don't really offer that much insight for new comers.

http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/rides/list.htm

There's an intro ride this sunday, might be a little slow for you? Don't worry though, the chaingangs will start in a couple of months!

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

http://www.mancheste.../rides/list.htm

There's an intro ride this sunday, might be a little slow for you? Don't worry though, the chaingangs will start in a couple of months!

Cheers for that a_n_t, probably not a god time for me this Sunday - but I've done some more trawling on't t'interweb and most of the clubs seem to have a ride over the weekends that anyone can join in - looks like I'm just going to have to plumb for it and join one.

What's the SP on moving clubs - is that frowned upon - you know, incase you find that the club you've joined isn't for you?

a_n_t

Just go out for a ride with a few and see which one you like best! :biggrin:

I went for the wheelers as there are alot of racers but there's still more social clubruns everyweek. Do 2,3,4 runs, no pressure to join.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
depending on how south manchester, i recommend macclesfield wheelers. our club runs are alternately 40-60 mile flat rides in the cheshire lanes or 30 hilly miles or so in the peaks and staffs moorlands. pretty friendly lot with no requirement to purchase and wear club kit. we never judge a rider by their kit either.

like a_n_t says, try a few and see which suits you best.

Top Bottom