Which computers can be stem mounted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matty

As title says really. I don't mean any 'why don't you?' bodge some gaffer tape fix, but which compters come with a stem mount or stem mount option.

I have a trust Halfords simple wired, which is adequate, but don't think it'll happily go on the stem.

So far I've found Cateye Enduro 8? I'm only interested in wired, wireless is such a waste of time. It should be reserved for mobile phones.

Thanks,

Matt

rusky

CC Addict
I have the VDO A8 & that can be stem mounted so I guess most if not all their ones can.

Davidc

Guru
I've found the VDO C series work well. They come with a mount which can be handlebar or stem mounted.

Not sure if they're still making them though. A friend liked mine and bought one, but said they were difficult to find - the world's gone wireless.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I've got a Sigma one that comes with a mount that can be oriented for either bars or stem. You just unscrew the fixing screws, turn it through 90 degrees and hey presto...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I mount my Sigma via the rubber band, o-ring, style attachment, this stretches round stem as well. Does mean computer is on sideways but I don't look at it enough to be concerned by that.

yenrod

Matt - I do know, and this is what I did, tighten 2 zipp ties as though you are fitting it to a h.bar then fit an elastic band in & around the ties then fit this around the stem placing a piece of wood OR a short length of spoke or something that holds the band together under stem bar and you can do a good DIY job if are skillfull enough xx(

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Landslide said:
I've got a Sigma one that comes with a mount that can be oriented for either bars or stem. You just unscrew the fixing screws, turn it through 90 degrees and hey presto...

I've got a Sigma that does that too - mine is the wired 1606 L.

davidg

Headgardener said:
My Cateye Strada can be stem mounted, you just fit the computer connecting unit into the clamp which has a square hole in it so it can fit any way round.

I have heard good reports about this one

Top Bottom