which finish line lubricant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gwhite

Über Member
dodgy said:
read my post again.

O.K.
I've now re-read your post but the postage price remains the same as before. A rip-off is still a rip-off no matter how many you buy to justify the the postage.

dodgy

gwhite said:
O.K.
I've now re-read your post but the postage price remains the same as before. A rip-off is still a rip-off no matter how many you buy to justify the the postage.

I guess maths is not your strongest subject.

dodgy

My order details, you know, just to help the hard of thinking.

3 of FINISH LINE Krytech Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml (£3.40). Kryteck 120ml / 4 oz QPFLK04 Total Price £10.20
2 of FINISH LINE Teflon Plus Dry Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml. Teflon Plus 4oz QPFLN04 Total Price £8.20
2 of FINISH LINE QPPR04 Pro Road 4 oz bottle 120 ml (£5.00) Wet 120ml 4 OZ QPPR04 Total Price £10.00

Carriage £6.00
Order Total £34.40

If I'd had made the same order at Wiggle (for example) the price would have been as follows:

3 of FINISH LINE Krytech Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml (£3.40). Kryteck 120ml / 4 oz QPFLK04 Total Price £20.97
2 of FINISH LINE Teflon Plus Dry Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml. Teflon Plus 4oz QPFLN04 Total Price £13.98
2 of FINISH LINE QPPR04 Pro Road 4 oz bottle 120 ml (£5.00) Wet 120ml 4 OZ QPPR04 Total Price £19.98

Carriage £0.00
Order Total £54.93

Oh look! A £20 difference? How could that be? After all, it's £6 postage at Cycle Basket !!!1111oneoneone!!!

I don't know why I bothered pointing out this particular bargain (because it is, assuming you have friends).

gwhite

Über Member
dodgy said:
My order details, you know, just to help the hard of thinking.

3 of FINISH LINE Krytech Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml (£3.40). Kryteck 120ml / 4 oz QPFLK04 Total Price £10.20
2 of FINISH LINE Teflon Plus Dry Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml. Teflon Plus 4oz QPFLN04 Total Price £8.20
2 of FINISH LINE QPPR04 Pro Road 4 oz bottle 120 ml (£5.00) Wet 120ml 4 OZ QPPR04 Total Price £10.00

Carriage £6.00
Order Total £34.40

If I'd had made the same order at Wiggle (for example) the price would have been as follows:

3 of FINISH LINE Krytech Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml (£3.40). Kryteck 120ml / 4 oz QPFLK04 Total Price £20.97
2 of FINISH LINE Teflon Plus Dry Chain Lube 4oz / 120ml. Teflon Plus 4oz QPFLN04 Total Price £13.98
2 of FINISH LINE QPPR04 Pro Road 4 oz bottle 120 ml (£5.00) Wet 120ml 4 OZ QPPR04 Total Price £19.98

Carriage £0.00
Order Total £54.93

Oh look! A £20 difference? How could that be? After all, it's £6 postage at Cycle Basket !!!1111oneoneone!!!

I don't know why I bothered pointing out this particular bargain (because it is, assuming you have friends).

Let's see. You spend £54 on oil and saved £20 on postage which is laudable. However the fact is that for 120ml of oil the company still charges postage of £6 and you think this is fine because of your cunning plan which involves spending £50? Are you employed at the treasury by any chance?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dave5N said:
Use oil. Save yerself fifty quid.

Then again, the bike trade needs the gullible to survive...

To be honest I agree...

As long as you ensure that your chain is regularly lubricated, most reasonable oils will be fine, including your Dad's 3 in 1. But regular is the key word. I use (mostly) finish-line cross country cos it tends to stay on the chain longer and gets washed-out/off less easily than other oils. As I ride my bikes in all weather, and don't have much time available for maintainance it suits my needs as the best oil choice.

dodgy

gwhite said:
Let's see. You spend £54 on oil and saved £20 on postage which is laudable. However the fact is that for 120ml of oil the company still charges postage of £6 and you think this is fine because of your cunning plan which involves spending £50? Are you employed at the treasury by any chance?

I didn't spend £54 on oil. Read my post again and try to fathom out what I really did do with all the oil I bought.

You are doing the decent thing and sharing the saving Dodgy - quite right.
I'm a fool, and am constantly surprised at how stupid I am - but that's exactly the thing I would do if I thought it helped.

"Support your LBS..."

"Gullible - moi?"

:rolleyes:

yello

nought wrong with stocking up either, especially if it's stuff you use a fair bit of and will continue to do for the foreseeable.

bonj2

It doesn't really matter. Any oil will do. They only produce different types to make you buy one of each for which way the moon's facing, so you'll have 4 nearly-full bottles sitting in your garage and they'll make more money. Just get one, and use that all the time till it runs out, then get another one, possibly the same possibly different, it doesn't matter.
then if you've used more than one and you notice the difference, then you'll know

Dave5N

Über Member
bonj said:
It doesn't really matter. Any oil will do. They only produce different types to make you buy one of each for which way the moon's facing, so you'll have 4 nearly-full bottles sitting in your garage and they'll make more money. Just get one, and use that all the time till it runs out, then get another one, possibly the same possibly different, it doesn't matter.
then if you've used more than one and you notice the difference, then you'll know

**** me. That post nearly puts me down there wit Noodley.

Top Bottom