Which fixie wins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DooBlood

Hello dear forum folk,

If faced with the choice of either a) State Bicycle Co. 'ABACABB' or b) Edingburgh Bicycle Cooperative 'Revolution Track 12' cycle, which would be the better choice?

Cheers,

Doo

Which fixie fixed gear wins? FTYY :thumbsup:

The EBC because it has brakes, simple. That said I'd actually buy a Specialized Langster Steel (2010 model in red with brakes).

God I miss my Langster Steel :cry:

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
The EBC bike has an alloy frame and steel forks but for £349 you can also get a 2011 alloy Langster with carbon forks. I'm not saying that the Langster is a better bike (because I've not ridden the EBC) but I can confirm that the Langster is a great bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I owned a Revolution Track 10. Cock all mudguard clearance but I managed to squeeze a crud roadracer2 on. Good fun to ride. Sold it on to someone locally, still see it about the place, and bought a Charge Plug. Steel is real apparently. So are gas pipes.

Cycling+ were pretty scathing about the Langster Steel.

On paper, and I suspect in reality, the 2011 Langster with carbon fork is a better buy.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I wish people would stop calling em 'fixies'.
I get pissed at that. It's gotten so bad. The least worse option is people in bike shops saying "Can I get a dildo bar for my fixie" 24/7 meaning I have to stand around waiting on the guy serving.

I blame the yanks.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I prefer to say "fixie" because I know it winds people up :boxing:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
233-a-1280.jpg

Top Bottom