Which Folder in £350 to £400 bracket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I moved house yesterday, and the new place is a flat. I should have assumed the agent didn't know what he was talking about, but the (verbally) promised space in the lockable bike shed is full with a waiting list of 20+ people. Never mind (I thought), last night I locked my bike at the local tube station (almost opposite, with CCTV)... this morning I unlocked it and the wheels fell off! Someone obviously tried to nick them overnight, and didn't notice they were both locked.

There's no room in the flat for a full-sized bicycle, so I think I have no choice but to get a folder. £350-400 seems a good range.

Banjo, how is the Dahon, now you've had it for a couple of weeks?

Really enjoying it. Probably done about 200 miles all up and longest ride about 20 miles. It folds very easilly once you get used to it. To fold properly the handlebars need to be extended the right amount for it to fold fully and allow the magnets to click together.

The ride is very comfortable and stable at speed. Gearing is ok for what it is.Lowest gear allows you to pedal up virtually any hill.The top gear is a bit slow compared to a full size racing bike but its not a racer and its fine for what I use it for.

The carrier is handy and the 3 part bungy thing that comes with the bike is usefull.
Very versatile little bike thats fun to ride.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The carrier is handy and the 3 part bungy thing that comes with the bike is usefull.
Very versatile little bike thats fun to ride.

Forgot the Bungy ^_^ How useful is that thing, really a godsend at the best of times.

Kailash Elmore

You can get a good second hand brompton for that price... ;)
I recently rode my to sheerness, on the Isle of Sheppey from Ladbroke Grove without any trouble... though I wished the 3 speed had a higher top gear for the 'right' side of shooters hill.

Top Bottom