Which front light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michelin

Regular
I’m after a decent front light for night riding. It’s mostly on un lit country lanes so needs to be pretty bright as road surface isn’t brilliant . Any ideas of a decent one would be much appreciated

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I’m after a decent front light for night riding. It’s mostly on un lit country lanes so needs to be pretty bright as road surface isn’t brilliant . Any ideas of a decent one would be much appreciated
Plenty reviews here.

https://road.cc/category/review-section/accessories/lights-front

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I would suggest something USB rechargeable, with Cree LED, and a lower price in case someone pinches it. Black Friday deals today on Amazon, just put in keywords Cree LED Bike Light USB Rechargeable.

chris-suffolk

Just ordered a Ravemen 1600L. Reviews say it's ideal for road use as it has a good cut off on dipped beam, combined with a high main beam setting for when you need it. Similar to dipped and main on a car.

GoldenLamprey

I have the Ravemen 1600 too. The cut-off beam works well and is what I use most at full power (on that one LED). The 'full beam' with both LEDs is more of a fill-in spotlight, so you get more light in a similar area, rather than a far-reaching beam like car main beam.

My partner had the ETC Kochab 1000/Magicshine Allty 1000, which was pretty good. A good beam, sensible mode selection (separating out solid and flash modes, unlike Lezynes) and a decent price. Died after a year, so make of that what you will. She was happy enough to buy again, though.

Neither last that long, so less than two hours on higher settings.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I use two on my commute in the pitch dark. Both Exposure, a Strada 900 and a Joystick on the helmet. Works for me, overkill maybe but I can see plenty ahead and also attracts the attention of vehicles at junctions !

for anyone on the fence about self contained battery or a larger battery attached to the bike or helmet. I have found the latter to be no big deal, & the benefits of a larger separate battery are good, such as longer run time & supporting a more powerful &/or multiple lights, such as a wired rear light. not sure if I wrote this clearly, I don't mind having a separate battery strapped to the bike frame or my helmet

Top Bottom