Which hose to buy for Shimano XT T785 brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arellcat

I have a pair of Shimano Deore XT 'trekking' hydraulic disc brakes (T785) which need longer hoses in order to fit to my bike. Shimano lives in a world of entirely standardised bicycles, where fronts are 1000mm and rears are 1700mm. I need at least 1100mm and 1900mm.

I'm trying to avoid going down the Goodridge route (kit 107, et al) that will end up costing as much as one of the brakes did. A single comment I found in the bowels of CRC says that regular Hope hose with Hayes olives will work with the Shimano banjo fittings. I can get Goodridge or Hope hose by the metre, but not Shimano.

Can anyone advise on the above, or alternatives? I'm off to my LBS to see if they have Shimano hose by the metre.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Superstar components do 3m of hoses and fitting kits for various brakes. Do the T785 differ much from the M785? If in doubt Superstar can give advice over the phone.
http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/mountain/mountain-braking/mountain-disc-brake-hoses/

5mm Hope stuff will fit fine, we use it all the time. New olive and inserts for the front although you can extract the inserts if you're careful and use hope olives instead. If you have swaged fittings on the caliper connection you'll need some extra bits to make it up, again we've used hope stuff quite successfully.

OP
OP
Arellcat

Arellcat

Top marks to my local preferred bike shop, The Cycle Service, who happily sold me a couple of metres of Shimano brake hose. Job done!

Good to know, though, that Hope stuff will also work.

Top Bottom