Which hybrid bike would be a good choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Akira7

Hey Guys,im located in uk(bristol),im 5ft8in and im looking for a good hybrid "saddle".
Now the season is over so prices should be more friendly for pockets.
I have 300pounds to spend for a bike. No matter as its new / or used.
If somebody could to suggest me any good ones for that price that would be great.
Thanks a lot

JCroxton1

Hey, Unsure if male or female, so I'll steer you towards the Giant Escape range as it caters for both. Alternatively, for ladies, the Liv Alight is a good budget hybrid. Giant, in my opinion offer very good value for money, even at this price point.

OP
OP
A

Akira7

Thank you for advising me.I will add those bikes to my favourites and try to analyze and choose later,but till that time
i would like to give u my own examples which i found on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/cboardman-comp-hybrid-bike/1140292520
---->>what do you think about that offer?the problem here could be size of the frame which is large,is it gonna be a big issue?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/bike-bergamont-sweep-7.2/1139247329

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...d-upgraded-used-refurbished-silver/1139865256

Please let me know what are your thoughts
p.s.I am a male ;]

Last edited:

JCroxton1

Probably the most important thing is to be on the right size bike. At your height, I'd assume you'll be most comfortable on a medium, though I'm not too well versed on Boardman sizing. If you're on a bike that's too big/small, it's only a matter of time before the bike becomes too uncomfortable to ride, and the enjoyment of cycling is lost.

There are various issues with all 3 of those. The best bet is still the Voodoo one I posted earlier, as its new, costs the same as the Gumtree Boardman, and has much better brakes and Groupset than any of the Gumtree ones.

+1 for correct frame size. I recently sold a cube cross race. It was a 56 frame but when you check the geometry it's similar to a lot of 54's. Very small and compact. I lost enjoyment in cycling because of comfort.
Good luck with the bike search and the voodoo looks a good choice

OP
OP
A

Akira7

yea, voodoo jumped on a first place then.i will keep looking tonight,if i wont find anything then i will go for voodoo,just want me make sure that i will go for a best possibility which is around.if i will find something i will make with you here.
one more time thank you guys for help

yea, voodoo jumped on a first place then.i will keep looking tonight,if i wont find anything then i will go for voodoo,just want me make sure that i will go for a best possibility which is around.if i will find something i will make with you here.
one more time thank you guys for help
No problem:okay:

OP
OP
A

Akira7

Last edited:
The Altus and Acera mechs are much of a muchness. If you absolutely need a new model year bike, and don't mind the premium, then go for it, mechanically speaking the 2013/14 and 2015 Marasa is very similar (too similar to bother paying more for), the Canonnondale, is a much more cumbersome bike, with worse cranks and pedals, and costs more, because it's got a sticker with Cannondale on it. I'd count the Cannondale out due to its weedy brakes ( rim brakes at that) alone. It would be a nightmare in the wet.

adamhearn

Veteran
I'd count the Cannondale out due to its weedy brakes ( rim brakes at that) alone. It would be a nightmare in the wet.
Sorry, but that's utter rubbish :smile: Bicyclists have managed with rim brakes for years without issue. The Cannondale would be counted out based on cost (even though a few more £'s can be saved elsewhere for a slightly better model).

Top Bottom