Which hybrid- Boardman Team or Specialized Sirrus comp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
The Boardman with disc brakes, carbon forks, Ritchey rims seems to have better kit than the Specialized's alloy forks, tektro caliper brakes, own brand wheels. They are both around the same price and both get good reviews. I'm leaning more towards the Boardman and as I have 3 Specialized bikes already should I go with what I know or buy the Boardman?

heppy

Regular
I have the Sirrus comp but would have bought the Boardman if available with my cyclescheme voucher. The Specialized is a cracking bike but as you say pound for pound the boardman is the better spec.

Good luck

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
The Boardman without question ... shares the same frame and forks as the Team CX which is a nice combination to have, plus you get avid hydraulic disc brakes, rather than rim brakes, the Boardman tops the spec charts between them both.

But the proof is in the pudding so get a good look at both bike before making up your mind

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've had a long running love affair with Spesh but Boardman's offer significantly better vfm these days. You just have to factor in the possibility of less than stellar service from the shop you have to buy a Boardman from. That said; I have nothing but praise for Halfords Guildford.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Im a specialized fanboy, but you cant argue with those specs.

As already said, dont be suprised to factor in the cost of an LBS setting it up to be sweet, its hit and miss with what you get with Halfords.

Norm

Whichever one fits you better.

coldash

Veteran
The Boardman but if you are likely to sell it after a couple of years I guess the Specialized would hold its value better on the likes of ebay.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike