Which Inner Tube Size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jolb72

Hi

I'm struggling to find out which inner tube size I need for my bike. I bought two inner tubes on Amazon which I think were the incorrect size as they punctured within seconds of getting on the bike, too big perhaps? I really don't want to waste more money on wrong inner tube sizes so I'd appreciate some help on here.

I have a carrera crossfire 2 hybrid bike. The tyres are Kenda made and on the wall it says 47 - 622 (700 x 45C - 28 x 1 5/8 x 1 3/4)

Which inner tube goes with this tyre please?

Thanks

Jo

raleighnut

Legendary Member
700 x 45 is the size you need but incorrect fitting could be to blame for the punctures, have a look on youtube for tyre fitting vids.

Sharky

Guru
The punctures are more likely caused by them being trapped between the rim and tyre when fitted. After fitting, deflate the tyre and go round both sides of the tyre and check that there are no visible sections of the inners on view. Then re inflate.

Or if following a real puncture, the original cause(nail, flint, glass etc) is still embedded in the tyre.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Inner tube sizes are not critical and won’t be responsible for the punctures, they are more likely caused by nipping the innertube with a lever against the rim. When putting the tyre on use your thumbs working from the bottom both sides to the top, only resort to levers if you absolutely have to.
After a puncture always check the cause isn’t Still embedded in the tyre by running your fingers around the inside of the carcass.

Top Bottom