Which is the toughest UK sportive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am guessing the Fred Whitton challenge must be one of the toughest. How many meters /feet of climbing do the really tough rides involve?

This is purely out of interest to see how the rides I have done compare.

Garz

Squat Member
To be fair unless I rode them all I don't think a person would be able to compare them fairly. I tackled one 112 miler in the lakes last year and found that tough, but Ironically found a 60 in the Peaks in sweltering sun just as tough.. maybe I was pushing harder?

The dragon ride, dave lloyd mega challenge and the cumbrian killer spring into equally challenging events.

aberal

Guru
I agree - it's difficult for anyone to compare without having ridden them all, but if it's something you are planning to do, I'd have thought that the Bealach Mor would be a contender. It's only 90miles but if you can find a flat bit on this profile here you'll be doing well...

lukesdad

I think its relevent to the ammount of effort, any sportive ridden fast will be tough, its the way they are designed to be. In this part of the world The tour of Pembrokeshire, The tour of the Black mountains and the Presili Angel are certainly tough.

Top Bottom