Which Ladies Flatbar road bike / hybrid for £1000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roannie

I have been looking for a new bike for quite a while but I can't find what I am looking for.
I wanted to know if you have any suggestions

'Flatbar road bike' (ladies) is what I am looking for but having trouble finding something that fits my bill.
I am looking at spending £1000

These are my wants:
  • flatbars
  • lightweight
  • rack mounts
  • good gear range for hills
Types of rides
  • Long rides out to in the countryside
  • short rides to the shops
  • Loaded panniers (occasional)
  • Mostly road use
  • steep hills

I almost went for Liv Thrive 1, but then realised it did not have eyelets to mount a rack .
I test rode a Trek FX but want something a bit speedier.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Perhaps you should look at all flat bar road bikes and retrofit a womens specific saddle. IIRC my old Specialized Sirrus Sport had eyelets; there was a womens version but I don't think they market it anymore.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a look at the Whyte Stirling, a unisex or men’s model but does come in smaller sizes. 10kg, good low gears for hills
They do a women’s range too though, although maybe only with single chain ring
How tall are you?
You don’t necessarily need eyelets to fit a rack, p clips work well as long as not a carbon frame :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roannie

Thanks for the replies. I will look into those models.
I am happy to change the saddle if needed.
I am 5ft 5in

vickster

Legendary Member
Here's the Stirling. At 5'5 you're between the Small and Medium, are you a more typical female with long legs relative to torso? If so you might prefer the smaller, although a medium will give you a little more space for luggage, maybe avoid toe overlap with mudguards etc
https://whyte.bike/products/stirling

Cyclesurgery do have either size reduced, but it does appear that they might be going out of business (that of course could happen to any retailer) and you can always go back to Whyte directly if an issue
https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/whyte-stirling-2020-Q3214286.html
(Personally I'd probably risk it to save £150 which will pay for all the extras :okay:)

You can of course always ask your local Whyte dealer if they can do anything on the price :okay:

Midsrider

I would have said the Trek FX4 would have been a perfect bike - speed is there too on that one! The FX3 is a good bike too, and in budget with money for all the extras you need.
But like you said, you have tried an FX and it didn't tick the box - but Trek racks, mud guards, extras etc have all their own range that fit like a glove.
Goodluck

Top Bottom