Which mobile network should I swap to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And why on earth not? So long as your device is as fully up to date as it can be, you're not likely to be at any more risk than using your own wifi.
If you're using something still on Android 4 or earlier, then maybe...
Because only you know the wifi password at home, but the cafe wifi password is chalked on the blackboard behind you...? :whistle:

And why on earth not? So long as your device is as fully up to date as it can be, you're not likely to be at any more risk than using your own wifi.

Read earlier post regarding this.
It's remarkable how much info can be gleaned from packet sniffing.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Exactly. Before I retired the company I worked for had a very rural base. We used to employ a large seasonal workforce some of whom lived on site. I came in one Monday to find all our monthly broadband allowance had been used - this never happened. Turned out a couple of the Polish lads living on site had been downloading films all weekend.

If someone wants to hack they will. I never do anything with my phone outside the house which needs to be secure. Why would I do banking in a cafe or pub? Using the same example my main bank account requires both laptop and phone present to carry out transactions, my second account requires laptop or phone plus a card reader. Who would bother to carry all this stuff around?

Online security for the individual is commonsense not something to panic over.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That is the issue:
8.5m visitors PA, to a potentially hostile environment, with zero phone coverage.
(Plus tens of thousands of local residents)
What could possibly go wrong ?
"potentially hostile environment"? What, Suffolk? It's not exactly the Bronx. I suppose you might run into some Morris dancers...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Screenshot_20190814-155451.png

Id mobile, not bad

the_mikey

Legendary Member
My EE contract is up and they're not getting another penny from me, so for a sim only deal with upto 10g of data who should I choose?

Texts and minutes aren't too relevant as I hardly ever use it as an actual phone.

I recently switched from Three to O2, nothing exactly wrong with Three, but I was unsatisfied with 3G/4G coverage, especially in parts of Wales and border areas that I visit frequently, and coupled with their recent price hike I decided to switch, so far I'm quite happy, coverage has been reasonable (not perfect but then who is?) and works in places where I had no coverage previously, I can't comment on speed as most of my mobile use doesn't really challenge the network speed limits, I'll probably switch again in twelve months as it never seems to pay to be loyal.

Top Bottom