Which MP3 player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I like Creative. I bought an early one when they first started. It went to the bottom of a swimming pool some years ago but still soldiers on. Apple? Hype over Substance IMVVHO.

If you want really good sound quality, go for Cowon - I got my husband one and it's great. If you just want some 'noise'; I don't think there's much to choose really...

You will need to get a decent pair of in ear phones though; I recommend Sennheiser CX550II or similar. Beware that it seems there are 'fake' Sennheisers popping up all over - buy from a reputable dealer (I did read a case where someone had bought from Amazon and was supplied a fake).

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
All good stuff and thank you all for your advice. My daughter has let me borrow a 512 mb Gen 1 shuffle until I can work out what to buy. Bit like getting a new bike in some respects, far to many options.

mr Mag00

rising member
i find the sony walkman, NWs203f, software, sonicstage, a pain in the arse. will not allow loads of my cds to be uploaded to their software and therefore cannot use on the player, the battery life is dire, when turned off it drains itself, needs charging before everyuse.

twowheelsgood

Avoid apple for a rather fundamental reason. Touch screen controls aren't useful in your pocket. I can see where they are going with the ipod touch where music is but one function, but the current ipod nano is just daft.

Sansa have (much) better audio quality and you can expand their memory with stadard SD flash.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Avoid apple for a rather fundamental reason. Touch screen controls aren't useful in your pocket. I can see where they are going with the ipod touch where music is but one function, but the current ipod nano is just daft.

Sansa have (much) better audio quality and you can expand their memory with stadard SD flash.

the 'touch can have the screen off but play the music in the background. one major thing it does is act as a remote control for itunes on the mac, which streams stuff wirelessly to the hifi…

Maz

Guru
I bought the 8Gig version of this Bush one. It works very well. I particularly wanted one that didnt take batteries (charge up via USB)

http://www.argos.co....mp4+players+%2F

Top Bottom