Which MP3 player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Looking for a new MP3 player. 4 - 8 gb in size. One of the Apple range is the most obvious option but a quick look around Argos, HMV, Tecso etc there are many other makers and models.

So ignoring the Apple range can anyone recommend me something different?

TIA

Andy

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anything by Creative and you will get a very reliable piece of kit.

Anything by Creative and you will get a very reliable piece of kit.

+1 to that. My wife has a Creative Zen V Plus 4GB that we picked up at a car boot sale for a fiver, utterly reliable, battery life good, sounds good, what else do you need? We added a silicone skin and armband as she uses it whilst jogging, it's just about perfect married up to a pair of Sennheiser headphones.

Gordon

soulful dog

Veteran
The Sony Walkman range are excellent. :thumbsup:

+1 for the Sony Walkman, though the Sansa Clip would on my shortlist too.

Oh and +1 for what User just posted....

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
iPod sound quality is utterly dire. I replaced my trusty, fantastic-sounding 20Gb iRiver iHP-120 with an iPod over two years ago and wish I hadn't.

Try iRiver, Cowon or Creative before you stoop to buying Apple. And budget for a half-decent set of earphones as the ones that come with almost every player are awful!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have a 2Gb and a 20Gb Creative Zen and they're both brilliant. Even the standard headphones are great. The difference in sound quality in the car when we switch to my daughter's iPod is staggering.

Top Bottom