Eurosport Player being dropped.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I received an email from Eurosport yesterday saying that they will be dropping their Eurosport Player apps and web servic from January 13th.

Instead they are telling users to download and use their Eurosport app instead. From what I can tell the Apple TV, which has been my primary source for viewing, is not a supported device for the Eurosport app.

May be time to look elsewhere.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Discovery+ App is what you need to look for on your apple TV. You can then get sport and entz subscription which covers eurosport and gives you a bit more than your eurosport sub at same cost.

Thanks T4tomo. I’ve been fortunate for several years to get Eurosport Player on an annual subscription deal at £19.99 instead of the usual £39.99. Discovery plus, including sport, is £59.99 though they might put on offers from time to time.

Combined with other subscriptions I have (Netflix, Now TV etc) it’s getting close to Sky Stream costs by adding in Discovery Plus at full pric. Will see what Black Friday brings, if anything.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ah Ok. I have it for watching cycling when highlights are only on Quest (which is on free service or D+) (is that the Giro?) and then will occasionally do a month @£6.99 if there is stuff on I want to watch live etc.

Now TV sports will give you eurosport doesnt it?

si_c

Guru
Can you watch it via the Eurosport.com website? The press release seems to indicate that his might well be the case.

Edit to add: Have you tried streaming from the Eurosport app on your phone to your Apple TV? I'm assuming you're using an iPhone.

Can you watch it via the Eurosport.com website? The press release seems to indicate that his might well be the case.
Yes, it can be watched oneurosport.com. Unfortunately the Apple TV doesn’t have a browser

Edit to add: Have you tried streaming from the Eurosport app on your phone to your Apple TV? I'm assuming you're using an iPhone.

I’ve got am iPhone and an iPad so that may work for me (though some 3rd party providers restrict what can be cast to other devices. I only got the email yesterday so haven’t tested it yet) . Unfortunately my wife sits on the dark side, being an android user, so wouldn’t work for her if I wasn’t around.

si_c

Guru
Yes, it can be watched oneurosport.com. Unfortunately the Apple TV doesn’t have a browser

I’ve got am iPhone and an iPad so that may work for me (though some 3rd party providers restrict what can be cast to other devices. I only got the email yesterday so haven’t tested it yet) . Unfortunately my wife sits on the dark side, being an android user, so wouldn’t work for her if I wasn’t around.

Worth trying. The other option is if you have a smart TV you may be able to install the app on that and bypass the Apple TV altogether.

No app for my LG tv unfortunately.

Need a simple solution that will work for both me and my wife. Options so far look like.

1. Subscribe to Disovery Plus and run it on the Apple TV.
2. Continue with Eurosport and see if I can fit one of my micro PCs behind the TV. I have a Bluetooth compact combined keyboard and trackpad that makes that useable.
3. Look into other options. e.g Sky (possibly the new Stream puck).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just got the message. It sounds like it is being phased out altogether. I imagine that they will just let our subs run out and then we will not be able to renew them.

Is GCN access still going to be available? If so, I will switch to that.

GCN is brilliant - they have so much on there now - Cyclocross all the way through the winter plus all of their cycling films too.
I've not had Eurosport for years now.

Top Bottom