Any mp3 player users?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Still keeping my iPod shuffle going, mostly for podcasts. At some point it'll get a(nother) turn in the washing machine that it won't survive.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sony's software is, by common consent, unmitigated crap. But there is a little program called Jsymphonic, which does the job much better.
It occurs to me that there's a more general point here, which is that these older devices need old software, which is available, but not what you'd call intuitive by today's standards. Or any, in truth.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Not that I like 'em or anything...

View attachment 639479

Probably worth mentioning, the screens and navigation on older models like these (available on the bay for a song) may be a bit challenging to a very young type person. On the plus side, the sound quality tends to be very good (easily audibly better than a phone), battery life is good, and they seem to be pretty much indestructible. Batteries can be replaced too - a tenner off the bay, give or take. All in all, given postings above about brand new ones for 30 quid, that might be a better way to go. But if it was me I'd go Creative Zen Touch - the sound quality is tops! :okay:

I had a creative zen, tiny black thing with blue detailing. My backpacking rig until I misplaced it and bought a very cheap ipod shuffle. The zen was tough and coped with inclement weather despite having no weatherproofing.

Sound quality often depends on headphones used and quality of the music file. Ime my phone had similar sound when using same headphones and mp3 from the same source file as my old zen.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It occurs to me that there's a more general point here, which is that these older devices need old software, which is available, but not what you'd call intuitive by today's standards. Or any, in truth.

Depends on whether the MP3 appears as a removable disc drive. Many have for years, and thus you plug them in to a USB port, drag the songs on, and away you go. No extra or even old software needed.

Top Bottom