Any mp3 player users?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not used an MP3 player in years - just stream to bluetooth speakers now.

Jody

Stubborn git
The file names match the track name and the folders match the albums. Certainly iTunes on Windows does that.

TBF it might have changed in the last few years but it's the main reason I stopped using it. Each song was given a number and the songs would then be split over different folders. The folders were also numbered but not in any logical order.

I had to use I-SyncR to scavenge, rename and order everything.

Shame as I lost a portion of my library and probably 50% of what I'd purchased from them due to their historic DRM policy.

Never used it again after that.

Chislenko

Veteran
Another iPod 160 Classic user here. Fortunately I have two docking stations as it is very hard to buy them now and that is the only time I use the iPod.

Never use it on the move.

Jody

Stubborn git
Must have been after that as I didn't buy my ipod until about 2007. 5th gen classic.

I needed to migrate my music to an S2 and that wasn't released until 2011

Two-Wheels

I use a 160GB 6th gen / 7th gen (depending how you see it) iPod Classic.

Not only do I use an 'ancient' mp3 player, I also use it with WIRED earphones. Yep you heard me.

I have it plugged in to my car connected to my Alpine CDE-126BT so I can control it from the head unit and it also keeps charged.

I'll then take it out for the gym. I don't use my phone for the gym as by the time I've finished work, my battery can be quite low so I don't want to reduce it further & have it run out of juice mid workout.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Lot to be said for a dedicated player with superior battery life and easier controls than a phone.

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the tube or gym. My bike replaces both :okay:
Good for you :okay:
Sometimes it would be wholly inappropriate/impractical to cycle home 15 miles after a night out on main roads...and there are many parts of my ongoing rehab that I can't do on the bike but need to use a gym/pool :okay:

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not that I like 'em or anything...

Probably worth mentioning, the screens and navigation on older models like these (available on the bay for a song) may be a bit challenging to a very young type person. On the plus side, the sound quality tends to be very good (easily audibly better than a phone), battery life is good, and they seem to be pretty much indestructible. Batteries can be replaced too - a tenner off the bay, give or take. All in all, given postings above about brand new ones for 30 quid, that might be a better way to go. But if it was me I'd go Creative Zen Touch - the sound quality is tops! :okay:

@swee'pea99

Those Sony Pebble ones were tough to use (had to use Sony's own ATRAC format and software) but really nice looking though mine ended up being used as a small portable hard drive after the battery life died on it and wouldn't hold a charge any more.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
@swee'pea99

Those Sony Pebble ones were tough to use (had to use Sony's own ATRAC format and software) but really nice looking though mine ended up being used as a small portable hard drive after the battery life died on it and wouldn't hold a charge any more.
Sony's software is, by common consent, unmitigated crap. But there is a little program called Jsymphonic, which does the job much better.

Top Bottom