Which mtn bike tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User269

Panaracer XCPro, very good all rounder. I used to keep changing my tyres to suit the conditions, but these stay on all the time now.

screenman

Legendary Member
All this talk about tyres seems to be missing a very important ingredient and buy that I mean pressure. Adjust it to suit the conditions and of course your weight. On another point everyone in this cycling family ride tubeless on the MTB and we all like them a lot.

... I was looking at the Maxxis Ignitor or the High Roller....

I have Maxxis Ignitors on a hardtail Pace MTB and find them a good all-round tyre for off-road use.

They grip sufficiently, give good feedback, take well to a range of pressures and seem to wear well.

They are dreadful on tarmac, like taking a Land-Rover down the M4 on winter tyres... but that is a function of their excellence off-road.

I don't know whether they are the best choice, but they are certainly a good choice.

abo

quote="Crackle, post: 1751369, member: 1011"]
I've always used metal levers, though the Park plastic ones I got recently seem pretty sturdy. That's a consideration too, he has to be able to get them off and do his own repairs, in case I'm not with him for whatever reason.
.[/quote]

I've got a set of plastic levers with metal cores, can't remember the brand but I got them from my LBS. Sturdy and kind to the rims :smile:

Top Bottom