Which of the following do you recommend?

Which book?

• Lanterne Rouge: Max Leonard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polite

Über Member
In Search of Robert Millar: Richard Moore
Domestique: Charlie Wegelius
Lanterne Rouge: Max Leonard
The Breakaway: Nicole Cooke
My
World: Peter Sagan
Other, please name and mini review.
Thank you.

DRM

Guru
Both Domestique & The Breakaway are a good read, as is Racing through the dark, and The Racer by David Millar give an insight into the life of a pro rider, how hard it is, and that, it's a career that's soon over, sometimes when you least expect it, along with the pressure of getting a job & keeping it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
If the words 'I' and 'me' we're removed from those books, the David Millar one would be a pamphlet. Of the remainder, the Nicole Cooke one is by far the best (Charlie Wegelius one excepted that I don't know). The Peter Sagan one is a cash-in job.

stephec

Legendary Member
I used to enjoy cycling biographies, but once you've read so many they all blur into one, the real stand out of them all that I'd gladly read again is Lauren Fignon's, We Were Young and Carefree.

French Revolutions by Tim Moore is a good book as well, I don't often read a book more than once but I've read that three times.

my world..Sagan i think you get more of an insight to who sagan is, what makes him tick rather than the usual " heres what i have won" type of book

sean kelly...hunger , is another i would recommend

i would also agree with @stephec , laurent fignon , young and carefree is definitely worth a read

which reminds me i have some to offer once i have had a sort out

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Merckx-Half Man, Half Bike is a good read, also Road to Valour about Gino Bartalli and his exploits in WW2, a real hero who never spoke about the work he did in order to save lives.

Top Bottom