Which rain jacket for touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes.

I'm doing a three day ride to Paris next week. Usually a bit of a fair weather rider, I have a showerproof jacket for the winter, but don't usually go out during the summer if it's raining, so suddenly realising I should probably have a waterproof, since the chances are it's going to rain at some point between Tuesday and Thursday.

So should I just go for a lightweight packable like Castelli Squadra? I know it's probably not terribly waterproof, or amazingly breathable, but don't want to spend a fortune. Basically planning not to use much kit, just jersey and bib shorts most days, washed nightly.

Any tips would be welcome.

Without wanting to sound like a smartarse, have you checked the weather forecast?

MarkF

Guru
I bought one from Mountain Warehouse, in one of their eternal sales, for £14.99. Best bit of cycling kit I've ever bought, hip length, lined, armpit air vents, taped seams, velcro flap over the zip, velcro cuffs etc It is totally waterproof and best of all, you can pull the hood tight and it has a good sized built-in peak to keep the rain off your face. I've seen stuff for £100+ in cycle shops that is not a patch on it.

Top Bottom