Which rain jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhysito

Am about to purchase a Stolen Goat rain Cape for £100 but now tempted to purchase a Gore 1985 Shakedry Viz for 1985 for £160 - can I justify the extra cost?

13 rider

Guru
I hear good thing about gore shakedry range and I'm about to buy one . Only you can decide if it's worth the extra money , how often will you be riding in the rain ? To justify the cost

lane

Veteran
Have a look at showers Pass. I have their windproof which is excellent. I like the look of thier Elite 2.1 which gets great reviews. I can't justify the cost which is about £195 because i have a serviceable mid range Polaris which is fine really for me. Spa have them on offer for £170.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thing I don't like about the shakedry it only comes in black.
I think they have a dark blue with orange trim and are just releasing a light blue patterned one (which I hate).

1573246019173.jpeg

lane

Veteran
OK I read recently only available n black because they can't make the material in a different colour - clearly out of date. I don't mind black but prefer something more visible for the bike.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
@steveindenmark really rates the Gore Shakedry.
I have spent lots of money on rain jackets. But the Gore C5 Shakedry jacket is brilliant. Expensive, but totally worth it. What convinced me to get one in the end was when I looked at photos of ultra endurance riders in the rain. So many of them wear Gore Shakedry jackets. It is worth biting the bullet and spending the money. Buy one size larger than normal.

OP
OP
Rhysito

Rhysito

Why one size larger than normal? The XL Stolen Goat rain cape is a perfect fit whilst the XL Shakedry hangs off me!!

Top Bottom