Which road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
That 400 looks good, Ill have to add that to my list to try and find, i think there is also a merida shop nearby.

Thanks.

No worries, I switched from a hybrid to a road recently and found the Merida very nice I don't have any complaints, the seats a little too hard for me that's all.

I asked about that website as well and people seemed to think it's decent, if you have a local Merida dealer 100% try before you buy, also they may have some 2016 bikes they want to clear I got my Ride 400 with a huge discount as the shop wanted it off the shelf as such.

+1 for the Merida.

I've had one for 18 months and it's excellent. Great spec and build quality and a very comfortable ride.

Graham

dim

with a budget of £600, I'd be looking at something used like a Giant TCR carbon with Ultegra ....

I have one and I paid £675 delivered, and it came with loads of extras (Garmin satnav, spare tyres, CO2 cannisters, carbon aero bars (which I sold for £80), saddle bag, helmet, 6 spare inner tubes, Shimano shoes etc

It's a good time to buy a used bike now as many people are skint after Christmas .... some great bargains on ebay if you are patient

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
with a budget of £600, I'd be looking at something used like a Giant TCR carbon with Ultegra ....

I have one and I paid £675 delivered, and it came with loads of extras (Garmin satnav, spare tyres, CO2 cannisters, carbon aero bars (which I sold for £80), saddle bag, helmet, 6 spare inner tubes, Shimano shoes etc

It's a good time to buy a used bike now as many people are skint after Christmas .... some great bargains on ebay if you are patient
Personally I would buy carbon but the OP has specifically asked for Aluminium. There are some cracking carbon bargains to be had at the moment within or near the OP's budget but it's not what he wants.

dim

Personally I would buy carbon but the OP has specifically asked for Aluminium. There are some cracking carbon bargains to be had at the moment within or near the OP's budget but it's not what he wants.

oh .... did not read properly :blush:

but saying that, perhaps a Specialized S-Works Transition E5 with drop bars (I paid £500 for mine and it has a full Campagnolo Chorus groupset, carbon seatpost, and carbon bars, and Campy wheels):.... aluminium frame, carbon forks and weighs just a tad over 7kg
s-l1600.jpg

I nearly bought this aluminium De Rosa last week off ebay, but ended up getting a vintage Pinarello instead..... the De rosa never sold and I see that it's been relisted ..... The seller has made a mistake on his title .... he says it's a fixie, but it is mostly Dura ace with 105 cranks: .... it never sold with a start bid of £300 (bargain IMHO), and merely an example of what can be found on ebay

De Rosa Planet Aluminium Classic Italian Road Bike Retro Fixie Fixed Wheel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/De-Rosa-P...d-Bike-Retro-Fixie-Fixed-Wheel-/112276273167?

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
GlenBen

GlenBen

Über Member
I didnt specify I wanted new either sorry. Realise it's probably stupid not to go second hand in terms of value, but, I always find I appreciate things more when Ive had them from new. No idea why.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you decided then? If not, a lovely sunny day for testrides...at least in London! :smile:

OP
OP
GlenBen

GlenBen

Über Member
Not decided yet haha, im very indecisive. Away this week, but the week after I have arranged to have a go on the specialized allez, merida ride 400 and the defy and contend, apparently the giant shop has lots I can just ride. Hopefully then I can get one sorted.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and advice everyone has given.

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt the Giant store will have many reduced ones. You can check stock by model by retailer on the Giant U.K. Site (phone first to confirm though)

Top Bottom