Which Rollers - I can't decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I can't decide which set of rollers to buy and I'm looking for some help choosing. In the frame are:

Elite Ghibli - Borrowed a set off a mate for a week and liked them. My worry is that as I get fitter and stronger they will be lacking top end due to no resistance. Anyone else felt this or am I worrying for nothing? Retailing currently at £100 is a big plus.

Elite V Arion - like the idea of resistance to vary up the sessions slightly. At double the price of the Ghibli are they worth it?

Elite E Motion - Like the idea of resistance and motion for out of the saddle stuff, replicating climbing etc. but at 6 times the price of the Ghibli will I really see the benefit? I think I may only be considering these so I never have any of those 'I wonder what they would be like' thoughts.

Tacx Galaxia - No resistance but motion.......

At the minute I have a budget of around £330, so could buy any other than the E Motions and get a new set of bibs or whatever, OR, save a little more and go for the E Motions and have no other new kit for a while........

Can anyone share their experiences with any of the above to maybe help me decide please? I've been mulling it over for weeks and feel I am no closer to choosing.

Ta muchly

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Is there a reason you don't want a turbo (abject boredom doesn't count, rollers get pretty dull too)? You can get something very fancy with lots of resistance levels that will probably give you a bit more flexibility with different sessions from a turbo.

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Is there a reason you don't want a turbo (abject boredom doesn't count, rollers get pretty dull too)? You can get something very fancy with lots of resistance levels that will probably give you a bit more flexibility with different sessions from a turbo.

Out of the two I find a turbo more boring than rollers. Also prefer the idea of bike on and go factor with rollers, rather than either changing a tyre or getting another rear wheel with turbo tyre set up.

Top Bottom