Which Van Nicholas (and dealer) or something else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I was chatting to Greg at Sunday about the finish I believe he told me it was for ease of maintainance, any scratch can be rubbed out with a scouring pad and the frame will look like new. The stickers can be any colour and can have whatever legend you want on them. You can change them at any time.

But if its bling you're after then better look else where perhaps, though you are missing out on a very good ride and good value for the money IMOA.

OP
OP
S

slow down

I didn't realise you could change the colour of the stickers - I may give Greg a ring tomorrow, and arrange to view.

Mortiroloboy

slow down said:
Tynan - I've just made the final payment on my Bianchi to make it mine, so I'm allowed to start another one. It undoubtedly helps that the scheme is administered by the company (rather than a third party scheme), and the scheme administrator is.............me :blush:
Sam - I think I'll give Enigma another look, and see if I can get a deal.

Papercorn - I'm not 100% certain what I want (partly hence the reason for the post) so XACD isn't going to be an option.

Isn't this a bit dodgy then? Do you actually use your bike(s) to ride to work? You only mention using it for leisure/pleasure riding, IIRC you do have to use it totally or in part for a percentage of journeys to and from work.I'm all in favour of getting one over on the Government, any Government, of whichever colour, but I'm not sure this complies with the idea behind the scheme, surely it's not to allow aquisative cyclists to build a stable of bikes at the expense of HMG.
Personally I would be a bit worried, especially as you are the administrator, the buck will stop with you in the event of an audit. Just a thought, you'll have no one else to blame, and could end up being arrested and charged with obtaining property by deception.

OP
OP
S

slow down

User259iroloboy said:
Isn't this a bit dodgy then? Do you actually use your bike(s) to ride to work? You only mention using it for leisure/pleasure riding, IIRC you do have to use it totally or in part for a percentage of journeys to and from work.I'm all in favour of getting one over on the Government, any Government, of whichever colour, but I'm not sure this complies with the idea behind the scheme, surely it's not to allow aquisative cyclists to build a stable of bikes at the expense of HMG.
Personally I would be a bit worried, especially as you are the administrator, the buck will stop with you in the event of an audit. Just a thought, you'll have no one else to blame, and could end up being arrested and charged with obtaining property by deception.

I do use my bike on occassions to travel to work, so I'm okay on that score - although I look after the paperwork it is a company run approved scheme, full loan agreements, salary sacrifice etc. There's no rule to say at the end of any agreement, another cannot be started, so no rules have been broken.

There is no way it is obtaining goods by deception - the only grey point may be any BIK that may arise if the final payment to own the bike is below market value.

alfablue

The requirement for using it for work only applies to the loan period, after the company has disposed of the bike (i.e. employee buys it) there is no further interest in it from HMRC point of view, so you are entirely free to start again.

Top Bottom