Whinlater forest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gog

Regular
Going on a stag do in the lake district next weekend.
One of the days we are going round Whinlater forest, my problem is that i`m a roadie and all my mates ride mtb. So they will know what they are doing and i wont.
Any tips so I dont end up wrapped round a tree?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Feather brakes and if you are using a hire mtb be aware disk brakes are powerfull. Push your bum right back when going down steep hills. Take it steady and have fun. Oh and you have to fall off at least once :whistle:

flying start

Veteran
well what can i say!! BODY ARMOR!! lol

i went about a week ago we picked a top day for it red hot!
we got some cube hardtails and off we went, the bikes are well used so when you get them take them for a blip in the car park just to check them out as on the smaller bike the peddle came off but the lads in the shop are happy to help!!(we did the blue to start with just to get use to the bikes)

we did the red south first it was brill but i came off ending i a broken rib but i still done the red north after that!!
best thing to do is stay cool and drop your seat about 6inch for the downs as you will need to hang the bum over the the back wheel for some bits! :thumbsup: also if you intend on doing a full day stop off at the shops get some thing for your dinner as the cafe is realy expensive!!!!!!! but the best tip is keep your eyes on the path all times and have lots of fun!!!! :hello:

OP
OP
G

Gog

Regular
Cheers for the advice, looking forward to it. Hope i dont enjoy it too much as that will be another bike i will want to buy!!!

flying start

Veteran
Cheers for the advice, looking forward to it. Hope i dont enjoy it too much as that will be another bike i will want to buy!!!

ha yer ive been hit by the bug!!! the same day i put my name down on the cube ams 100 comp (full sus)
but things changed in a week so now im getting a merida one twenty (700d full sus 120mm all round) the cube was a better bike but the merida is still a cool bike!

hope you have fun!!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom