White fox?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Location
Leith, Edinburgh
Some very unusual wildlife experiences this morning as I came off Groathill Avenue to take the Telford Path between there and Corstorphine Road.

First - a white fox! At first, I thought it was a white dog, as it was far too big to be a cat. However, it stopped further up the path and turned to look back before diving into the bushes when it saw that I was still behind. Definitely a fox's face, body-shape and tail. Anyone else seen this at any point on the Telford Path? Is it an albino?

Then, just after watching the fox vanish, a bat swooped down and I was so convinced it was going to hit me in the face that I ducked. Never seen a bat on the path before in the 4 years I've been using it.

Just goes to show you what you'd miss if you stuck to using the bus or a car!
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Well, maybe the fox didn't like being ginger ? Too much peroxide eh..... Watch it, two unsusual sightings, one a bat....might be Potsy with his vampire fetish ! :whistle:
 
How about a pink cat?
pink-cat-pic-solent-image-1-701231935.jpg
 
OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Location
Leith, Edinburgh
I don't even know where the Telford path is!

Sam


It was actually the Roseburn Path (oops!), but the Telford Path is the continuation of the Roseburn Path as it goes Leith-wards. It just changes name on the signs as you cycle down there. Mind you. those signs have probably all been pulled down since I last rode that part!
 

jimboalee

Legendary Member
Location
Solihull
You've seen an Arctic Fox?????? !!!

Contact BBC Autumnwatch. You could get on telly.

Then again, it could have been Albino.
 
maybe it was this - white samoyed
 

Attachments

  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom