White Ice Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Riding an ICE trike of course. Look at the tyres on it. I would like that on the beach.

Good luck to her. She must be as hard as nails

Steve

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Her palmares indicates that she has a better-than-reasonable chance of success. :thumbsup:

Wonder what pressure the tyres are running at - and how the cold effects it/ them. I guess one wouldn't want any moisture in the tubes/ tubelesses ;)

byegad

Legendary Member
Brave woman and due much respect. ICE will no doubt have done their very best to ensure the trike is up to the job.

Shaun

Founder
Wow - talk about a challenge!! :eek:

Good luck to her - she's a damn sight braver than me; and if the gearing is as low as it looks in the promo clip, those cycling days are going to be very long and slow-going.

She might be the only one able to login to CC and post a thread in Commuting: "This morning I almost ran into a Polar bear - came out of nowhere!" :laugh:

She's only gone and done it. On the ice blog she arrived at 1am gmt this morning. Well done Maria.

starhawk

Who said women are the weaker sex lol well done.

Swedish military did a research long ago regarding women in the service, they found that women in general have less muscle mass and fewer red blodcells in the blood, But other research point to the fact that in really long competetions women have better results so they may be weaker but have better stamina, which is advantageus when doing this kind of foolhardy enterprises

Another woman Maria Parker completed Race Across America on a Cruzbike Vendetta its a gruelling route and came in with good results raising money for brain cancer, would be nice if we bent riders had more people riding in events to raise peoples prospective about recumbents. Wish I had discovered recumbent bikes, trikes before my accident which has left me in a mess to say the least{ spinal fusion 7 disc replacements} don't get me wrong I am very grateful for all the help and support I have had especially off members on here and recumbent dealers, my physio and my surgeon who is a keen cyclist and encouraged me to try recumbents .

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Neil,

I think this post was started because Maria Leijerstam is a British woman riding a British made trike.

Maria Parker is an American woman riding an American bike.

I don't see the connection and maybe a post in the recumbent section would get more interest. But her RAAM is an interesting story.

Steve

Top Bottom