White Industries singlespeed freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anybody have one that is surplus to requirements and wish to sell on? I ride singlespeed a lot and am fed up with constantly replacing the cheap ones - they are usually great until it rains and it washes the grease out! Need something decent.............

Thanks

Sharky

Guru
I am the opposite, I tend to use cheap Dicta freewheels as I often change ratios and it's much easier and cheaper to swap up and down.
However, I did buy a more expensive shimano one, but on my Mavic Elise track wheel, it just didn't fit. The shimano one is just a little wider and too close to the chain stays.

What size freewheel are you looking for?

OP
OP
I
I am the opposite, I tend to use cheap Dicta freewheels as I often change ratios and it's much easier and cheaper to swap up and down.
However, I did buy a more expensive shimano one, but on my Mavic Elise track wheel, it just didn't fit. The shimano one is just a little wider and too close to the chain stays.

What size freewheel are you looking for?
That`s what I`ve been using, great to start with then as soon as it gets wet it`s game over.....

It`s really hilly around here so I tend to go with 18/19/20 ish

broady

Veteran
If he doesn't want it then I'd love to take it. I was thinking either 17 or 18 as a free wheel for the Langster (currently is only fixed).
Let me know
Andy

Sharky

Guru
If he doesn't want it then I'd love to take it. I was thinking either 17 or 18 as a free wheel for the Langster (currently is only fixed).
Let me know
Andy
First to send me a PM can have it.

Cheers Keith

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The Shimano ones are serviceable. You need a pin spanner for the left-threaded cone and a bit of patience. I rebuild them with Sturmey-Archer internal hub grease (like very, very sticky brown oil) which has a calcium base so is very waterproof and, of course, won't clog pawls.

If you like, you can rebuild it backwards for left-hand drive. You'd need to screw it onto the hub very tightly, with strong threadlock.

Top Bottom