White Pompino

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Oh no! My decision for a replacement fixed has just got a lot harder. I'm a sucker for white so this is quite attractive. I was intending to find something with a more traditional track geometry for versatility, but the question of mudguards posed a problem.

Should I go for this and get a Dolan frame with the rest of the compensation money?

Tharg2007

Veteran
the on one white looks v nice, they should do an option to not have all the on-one / pompino crap all over it though

Andy Pandy

If I was going for a new fixed it would be a pure track bike (with race blades and drilled front fork) rather than something like a pompino (which I currently have). I like the look of the Guerciotti frames next door at planet x.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The limited edition white Pompino with the gold hubs and chain is pimptastic and I am sorely tempted! My wife would be most 'surprised' if I bought one, however...

... in fact I just brought the subject up casually with her just now and she came up with too many very good reasons why this was not a good thing to do at the moment. Oh well...

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Wooo! I couldn't resist getting one at the current price so I now have a white pompino frame begging to be assembled. I've decided to go conventional and add a rear brake so assembly will take longer as I wait for delivery.

Now given that the bar tape and hood covers were ruined in the crash, should I colour co-ordinate? With Tektro levers I'm seriously tempted to splash out on new white Hudz (even though they are really for Ergos) and then black or white bar tape.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
It's identical to the blue apart from colour. Although in my case, the two blue frames in this house are now bent tubed scrap.

White looks so much nicer. Just need to work on the colour scheme...oh yeah, and it's final pimping is a white FSA seatpost.

Top Bottom