'White Van Man' Courteous To Cyclists!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was me, I was that White Van Man, for the weekend :whistle:
(transposed daughter to a house down there, ready for starting at University of Birmingham)
So, due to her not being used to m/ways, it was M1, to jct 28, then A38 to about 2 miles from the rented house

Out of curiosity, I looked to see how much they cost
The new equivilant has a list price of From £42,000 (inc VAT)!!!!:wacko:

68452393_10218109804808911_3392321571614883840_n.jpg

A nice van, 140BHP, 6-speed 'box
Very torquey

Downsides;
It had cruise-control, & the stalk was close to the indicator stalk, thus I kept trying to indicate with it:blush:
No DAB radio, or USB charging point
Taking up 2 (almost 4, due to width) spaces at B&Q, then Tesco

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
White van driver courteous to cyclists? He must've stolen it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
How much stuff is she taking?
I used to get all my stuff in a Metro.
Students in cars stuffed to the max is a common sight on motorways in September.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It was me, I was that White Van Man, for the weekend :whistle:
(transposed daughter to a house down there, ready for starting at University of Birmingham)
So, due to her not being used to m/ways, it was M1, to jct 28, then A38 to about 2 miles from the rented house

Out of curiosity, I looked to see how much they cost
The new equivilant has a list price of From £42,000 (inc VAT)!!!!:wacko:

View attachment 481195

A nice van, 140BHP, 6-speed 'box
Very torquey

Downsides;
It had cruise-control, & the stalk was close to the indicator stalk, thus I kept trying to indicate with it:blush:
No DAB radio, or USB charging point
Taking up 2 (almost 4, due to width) spaces at B&Q, then Tesco

Where did she end up at Birmingham? Son#2 was in Tennis Courts last year and is out at Selly Oak with mates this coming academic year in a shared house

She must have a load of stuff if you need a van like that. I think we managed with just the car

Levo-Lon

Guru
Brilliant van that do starship milage
But they are rather pricey, and as you noticed all the extras are tbere but you have to pay.. Typically German

Where did she end up at Birmingham? Son#2 was in Tennis Courts last year and is out at Selly Oak with mates this coming academic year in a shared house

She must have a load of stuff if you need a van like that. I think we managed with just the car
'Off Campus', at (I think it's Kings Norton)

Brilliant van that do starship milage
But they are rather pricey, and as you noticed all the extras are tbere but you have to pay.. Typically German
As with most Teutons?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I used to get all my stuff in a Metro.
Students in cars stuffed to the max is a common sight on motorways in September.

<3 Yorkshiremen>These young students of today! Round about now, in 1972, heading back for my second year at Manchester, I packed all I needed into a home-made rucksack and onto the rear rack on a Raleigh 5-speed, and rode from Lincoln via Dunham Bridge, Bolsover & Chesterfield. Knowing my chain was worn, I'd lashed out on a new one, but being a complete and impecunious wally, hadn't bought a much needed block. Totally p'd off with the inevitable slippage, I stopped in Baslow to swap the rear wheel round and rode the rest of the way on fixed, over the Pennines on the A623 via Peak Forest and Sparrowpit. Locked the bike to the railings outside the students union while I negotiated somewhere to doss for the night, and some complete daffodil nicked it. Hope they broke their bloody leg trying to ride it away. :gun:</3 Yorkshiremen>

White van driver courteous to cyclists? He must've stolen it.
I was even good to the chumps that were riding as idiots usually do

It was full!!
We got her down early to settle in, get all the local paperwork sorted
Council tax, utilities, Doctors, rail (or bus) cards, etc......

She doesn't start course, till beginning of October

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I was even good to the chumps that were riding as idiots usually do

It was full!!
We got her down early to settle in, get all the local paperwork sorted
Council tax, utilities, Doctors, rail (or bus) cards, etc......

She doesn't start course, till beginning of October

Remember Uni is about her learning to become independent and do stuff for herself. Don't do everything for you it you'll still have a child in three years .

Top Bottom