White Van Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I am now officially a White Van Man (WVM) :girl:

Alas, not a Cargo Cycles creation: I have scheduled building Cargo Tricycles and Quads in the Autumn, so I have bought this Secondhand AVD Loadmaster van to Hire out for the time being.

Garethtempfile006.jpg

It has a set of Sram 7 speed internal hub gears, and a two chain ring derailleur set up giving me 14 pedalling speeds in total. Plus selectable; pedal assist electric drive, or full electric drive, road legal lighting, Sturmey Archer Drum brakes all round. Rear (lockable) roller shutter door and a wire mesh swing out door (for carrying dogs) The van body has a capacity 1.2 cu/metre and 250 kg payload

I shall be fitting a 12 volt rotating beacon tomorrow, and on Friday I have two, 30 watt X 12 Volt solar panels being delivered, which I will also fit to the roof to assist with battery charging.

I now have to work like mad tomorrow, Friday and this weekend as my new JD2 H3 tube bender also arrived from the USA today (at long last after being held up by Customs and Revenue for nearly a month), along with getting the Pedi-Van serviced, cleaned, polished and Cargo Cycles Logo decals on it ready for Monday morning, when a certain major political Party has hired it as a campaigning vehicle until after polling next Thursday

serenafarrow

Hi

Hi,

I'm from BBC Radio Norfolk and we would love to cover your fascinating story. Could you please contact us on 01603 284794 or serena.farrow@bbc.co.uk

Thanks,
Serena

thomas

the tank engine
Ohh, only just seen this! The van looks a little bit cleaner than when I popped by the other week :biggrin: - I didn't see it delivering political messages though! :sad:

Let me know when you're on Radio Norfolk and I'll tune in :angry:

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Guru
trustysteed said:
what does it do?

It is a light duty, direct pedal and electric pedal assist delivery van. It has been hired by individual students from the UEA for house moves, etc. It has also been booked to do advertising and promotional work for; the local business enterprise scheme, music promoters, gig organisers, and bands, and I am doing local collection and delivery work for my business; Cargo Cycles with it. This morning I used it on a round trip of about 4 miles to collect approximately 100 kg of goods; some precision parts machined for me by a local engineering company, along with picking up consumable items that I use in the workshop (rolls of welding wire, paper towels, abrasive discs, nuts & bolts, and 5 litres of paint).

thomas

the tank engine
Gareth said:
Well, that was interesting: I've just done a 10 minutes long live interview about Cargo Cycles on BBC Radio Norfolk.

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_norfolk/20100602

Just trying to find it. Would you like me to record an MP3 copy and send you it?

It starts at about 1.24 on the breakfast show link ;)

Top Bottom