Whitewebbs Museum of Transport, Crews Hill, N London. Exhibit labelling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all. I'm working as a volunteer steward at Whitewebbs Museum of Transport near Enfield, N London. My primary filed of knowledge is British classic cars but I've taken on the job of struggling through the cycle exhibits, trying to identify them and label up correctly! Many are the personal collection of Stan Chamberlaine, a great store of knowledge, who owned a chain of cycle shops in N London and Herts. Anything I find that may be of interest, I'll post. Very happy to see anyone local if they come by - we're open Tuesdays as volunteer staff only.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Hi. Discovered this Flying Scot hidden away in the Museum yesterday. Any thoughts on dating these please?
IMG_20171024_132105.jpg
IMG_20171024_134255.jpg
IMG_20171024_134255.jpg

Hi all. I'm working as a volunteer steward at Whitewebbs Museum of Transport near Enfield, N London. My primary filed of knowledge is British classic cars but I've taken on the job of struggling through the cycle exhibits, trying to identify them and label up correctly! Many are the personal collection of Stan Chamberlaine, a great store of knowledge, who owned a chain of cycle shops in N London and Herts. Anything I find that may be of interest, I'll post. Very happy to see anyone local if they come by - we're open Tuesdays as volunteer staff only.
Hi and :welcome:.
The
If you go on to "The Flying Scot History" web site you will find loads of information about the cycle you posted including the front fork inner strengthening plate, a feature of Flying Scot cycles.

Hi. Discovered this Flying Scot hidden away in the Museum yesterday. Any thoughts on dating these please? View attachment 380210 View attachment 380211 View attachment 380211
You don't know what it is like to see that frame number stamped into the bottom bracket like that. It is like seeing an old friend.
When you have an unknown frame with some distinguishing features, but are unable to pin it down to a particular maker, a chance find which puts you in the right direction that leads to identification comes as a great relief.

Top Bottom