Who are they again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
CTC?

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

ah, that's them, thanks. i believe from several previous threads on here that you can join them post-accident and ask them to look into it?

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

yeah, i'm fine, thanks 3BM! just a few cuts, grazes, and bruises from an accident last week.

Don't want to make it formal but if they won't sort it out amicably, i just wanted to check my options re reporting it to the police and CTC in the event of the other party refusing to pay for repairs to my bike!

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

thanks kirstie! that looks a good option which would save me having to take out CTC membership.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could also try Leigh Day - British Cycling's solicitors. If you are not a member, joining up now won't help, although there is nothing stopping you going direct to one of the above solicitors, and if your case is good enough, they will take it on. The advantage of having CTC or BC insurance is that you have third party cover, and the solicitors are contracted with CTC/BC to help you.

Get membership anyway...

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

now my stomach's churning wondering whether to let it drop or make sure i report the incident to the police to get my side of the story in first. any advice please?

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
You have cuts, grazes and bruises - did you take photos for your claim?

Don't they have a potentially much bigger bill than the £39 in damage to your bicycle?

It looks like their escalation of the situation - justified with irrelevant "facts" - is just a way of intimidating you and very f**king far from amicable

Seems more than decent of you just to claim for bicycle repairs - when I think you could take it much further.

In my view (my opinion, not legal fact) - their " having issues with the accident" and further accusations mean that you have to take it further and get solicitors to act for you.

Top Bottom