Who ate all the pies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Who ate all the pies??

I did!

longers

Legendary Member
Maybe the people of Wigan have been buying their pies from proper pie shops and not Tesco.

Uncle Morts quote doesn't describe a balanced core meal, there's no mention of gravy!

Arch

Married to Night Train
We've got a butcher in York, sells the best steak pies ever. They are basically a huge wodge of diced steak packed together with gravy, and held in check by the pastry. Crammed with steak, they are.

Damn, I want one now....

TVC

BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY!

Just e-mailed this to my nephew in Wigan, he'll be sick as a parrot!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Isn't custard just a type of gravy?

I supooooooooooose so. In the same way that a lion is just a type of tiger...

Did anyone see the Victorian Pharmacist programme? They showed the recipe for Birds custard. Cornflour, with a little turmeric for colour, and almond essence to hide the taste of the turmeric. Simple!

We've got a butcher in York, sells the best steak pies ever. They are basically a huge wodge of diced steak packed together with gravy, and held in check by the pastry. Crammed with steak, they are.

Damn, I want one now....

:angry: So do I now after that description. Did you have to?
I now am in a dilemma - I'm trying to lose a bit off my waistline but feel obliged to try and raise my fair city to the top of the pie eating league single handed. Which is probably where the waistline came from in the first place.

Just e-mailed this to my nephew in Wigan, he'll be sick as a parrot!
Tell him to stop putting custard on his meat pies then.

Top Bottom