who commutes tooting to wateloo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anna123

I've not cycled to work before butam thinking about doing it. Has anyone commuted from tooting to Waterloo? If so what route do you do and any tips? How long does it take? Thanks. Anna

vickster

Legendary Member
I've not cycled to work before butam thinking about doing it. Has anyone commuted from tooting to Waterloo? If so what route do you do and any tips? How long does it take? Thanks. Anna
I have been known to commute from Sutton to the City. Tooting to Waterloo, I'd go straight up CS7 to Clapham Common, cut down across the Pavement etc to Wandsworth Road down to Vauxhall and then to Waterloo. Or you can stay on CS7 and approach Vauxhall from Stockwell, but that's even busier I found. Not the nicest journey, lots of traffic, plenty of scary cyclists, and have to get across Vauxhall Cross which is hairy on a bike to say the least (there are probably ways to avoid some of the mayhem, not yet found). Probably looking at a 40 minute ride in rush hour

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Which ever way you choose, I would steer well clear of the roads under the railway lines at Vauxhall. They are quite interesting enough in a car.
Elephant and Castle likewise.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Kensington Road or Kennington Road?

If you come from Nine Elms Sainsburys to Vauxhall, you don't need to go under the railway and can get into primary in the Waterloo Lane, but it's still tricksy getting away from there! Less terrifying than coming round from Oval though :ohmy:

Top Bottom