Who do you think will win the Cup?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

mangaman said:
I know Spain won the Euros. but they are still prone to cock up at crucial moments.

Spain do also seem to have the habit of being on the wrong end of shocking refereeing:

'96 Euros v England;
2002 World Cup v S Korea

e-rider

crappy member
I would say either Mexico or Slovakia

mangaman

Flying_Monkey said:
The difference is that Spain are clearly the best team - I don't think England have ever been 'clearly the best team' at the start, even when they won it in 1966.

Now of course, the best team doesn't always win, which is what makes things interesting.

If Spain win I'll lose a bit of dosh to the bookies - so I'll offer you a tiny bet

I'll pay £20 to the charity of your choice if Spain win. If they don't you don't have to do anything. Now that is a money for nothing.

I'll get Shaun to officiate if you want so I don't renage on my promise :angry:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
mangaman said:
If Spain win I'll lose a bit of dosh to the bookies - so I'll offer you a tiny bet

I'll pay £20 to the charity of your choice if Spain win. If they don't you don't have to do anything. Now that is a money for nothing.

I'll get Shaun to officiate if you want so I don't renage on my promise :biggrin:

I'll take that bet and match it. I can't say for certain that Spain will win, but they are the team best equipped to right now.

mangaman

Flying_Monkey said:
I'll take that bet and match it. I can't say for certain that Spain will win, but they are the team best equipped to right now.

I thought I'd resurrect this one - I expected the Germans to win tonight (although I wanted Spain).

I really, really hope Spain win - I don't like the Dutch team.

So think of your charity of choice FM :biggrin:

If Spain win on Sunday I'll send them the dosh - good call BTW. I thought they'd fail agiainst the Germans, but we're to get a new world cup winner for a change.

U

User169

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
By the time we've got down to the last 4, there surely cannot be that much difference between the teams. The final has got to be 50/50, though Spain overall have been a more impressive team in the run up.

U

User169

Unkraut said:
I could just about follow the Dutch (it's now very rusty!), but has he chosen or is he yet to choose which team will win?

Quite right - it will choose tomorrow; I only looked at the photo!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

I'll get Shaun to officiate if you want so I don't renage on my promise :blink:

Mangaman - I believe you owe 20GBP to a charity of my choice - MSF will do nicely!

Bad Company

Very Old Person
For the first time in my life I found myself changine alliegence during a match. I started off supporting Holland but as the match progressed I started to dislike the Dutch tactics and was very happy when Spain won.

Can't believe the Dutch coach criticised Howard Webb after the game. I thought he was very lenient with the Dutch and if anybody had a complaint in would be Spain - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8809048.stm

Top Bottom