Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Up to 4000 miles

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Up to 5000

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Any thing above 5000

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Was a bit surprised with the lack of miles some people on here have done this year, So i have put up a pole to see who does what. It's only a bit of fun :smile:

Venod

Eh up
7,130 this year got knocked of on 4th December so year ended there, 7,644 for 2014, so happy with this years total.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I returned to cycling in February on a hybrid. Had the best part of 6 weeks off in May / June due to problems with my knees. Bought a road bike in July and my mileage has racked up a lot more rapidly since then.
Unfortunately I'm limited to weekends and any time I can squeeze in a ride after work (commuting by bike isn't a realistic possibility), but even so I'm pleased with the 1756 miles I've ridden so far (hopefully I'll get another ride or three in before the year end).
Next year it is definitely my goal to ride further - I've already signed up to the half century a month challenge. :bicycle:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Will have done 3800 miles by December, only got back on the bike in June having been pretty ill since July 2014 - so about right for me normally do 7-8k. Going to take a while to get back to the speeds I was doing though

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pretty poor , coming up on 4700 miles for the year but kids want daddy time , next year the ridiculous amounts of overtime i have been doing should be dropping too.

Sharky

Guru
No longer chase distance, although since being retired, my year total is approaching 3000, which is higher than last years. Most of my rides are between 1 and 2 hours, but always done at tempo and since retirement and the mild weather we have had recently, am feeling fitter than I have done for a while.

image.png

There's still a few days left this year as well.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Probably a little under 4,000 miles. I don't keep records except for AUK events.

Tin Pot

Guru
Dunno.

Given the wide variety of cyclists here expect a big spread. From the occasional ride to the shops, the commuter, the weekend club rider, the touring riders, the families in the park, the time trialists, the endurance riders, to the tour maniacs.

The type of rider will tell you more than the pure mileage, which a lot of people won't even record.

Then youve got poll bias...

Top Bottom